Monday, February 21, 2011

IF "Sweater"

Once again, here are some examples of what students came up with for the Illustration Friday challenge for the word, "Sweater." This word really seems to have inspired the group - we got so many great solutions!

Sweater [Swagger Like Us]

Above: "People often comment on the sweaters I wear. I always tell them who my #1 sweater inspiration is. … I got it from my Cosby. And he definitely approves." ~ Samille Elliston

IF: Sweater

Above: "Be ever so careful when you take what you need. Illustrated with a Wacom tablet in Photoshop, using the brush tool and my own photography for some effects." ~ Ange Blomberg

6 Sweater

Above: "Sweaters are boring. I didn't want to draw a sweater. Looking to music for inspiration, it came to me: The Sweater Song by Weezer!! Laying down a blue colour similar to their Blue album I started drawing up my 2 colour version of Rivers Cuomo (the lead singer/guitarist) and this is the result!" ~ Nick Stirling

Sweater

Above: "I had a few ideas for the word sweater but I decided to go with a drawing of an Icanhazcheeseburger image. The image had the words "my gramma madez it" before." ~ Rachael Patterson

Sweater

Above: "Won't You Be My Neighbour?" ~ Steve Skedden

Illustration Friday: Sweater

Above: "I was inspired to create this illustration when I thought about the funny gifts kids get from older relatives." ~ Jenna Bardecki

Sweater

Above: "Please leave all overcoats, canes, and top hats with the doorman;
from that moment, you'll be out of place and underdressed." What's so bad about standing out?"
~ Amelia Chiarelli

illustration Friday: Sweater

Above: "It seems like once a famous person wears a certain article of clothing that would otherwise be considered ugly, tacky or uncool is instantly wanted by everyone." ~ Brian Kountourogiannis

IllustrationFriday_Sweater Girl

Above: "Actress Lana Turner. Known as one of the first "Sweater Girls". She is wearing a short-sleeved sweater in this image." ~ Ally Flynn

sweater

Above: "This week's Illustration Friday was for the word 'sweater', and I decided to do it about something that means something to me. Everything on the sweater is something that people use to hide their own insecurities, but it's a fact that they all wind up causing problems for you and the people around you. I myself am a repeat offender to some of these (who can say they aren't, really) but lately I've been trying to change. Hense, the little tagline I decided goes with this picture 'That sweater wont keep you warm forever'." ~ Tom Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment